Monday, August 13, 2012

Fitness & Health Update




Just wanted to drop in and give you all an update on my fitness and health. I know it's been a few months since my last weight loss post. As most of you know I moved in late June. During this move working out for me was quite challenging. I either didn't have time or an opportunity to make it to the gym. Unfortunately the hotel we stayed in didn't have a gym. I know your thinking, why didn't I just workout in my hotel room? I was totally unmotivated to do at home workouts. I just couldn't get into the rhythm of working outside of the gym. I also think the stress of unpacking and setting up a new home tired me out. The last time I stepped foot in the gym was June 25th! 


Luckily, I was able to maintain my weight through this whole moving process. I'm a true testament to the rule 80% of losing and maintaining weight is diet and the other 20% is exercise.  Living out of hotels for 3 weeks and having to eat fast food sometimes twice a day made me feel disgusting!  I tried to pick healthier options when available. It's also not very cost effective for a family of 4. I was so happy when we moved out of the hotel and into our home. Once my pots and pans arrived I was able to get my eating back on track with healthy cooking again. 

I just started running in my neighborhood this past Saturday. I plan to start working out at the gym today. I have no idea what routine I'm going to start with. I may just take this week to get my body adjusted to being back in the gym. While I don't think I'm terribly out of shape, I don't want to risk injuring myself going full speed. I'm going to dig through my many fitness magazines for some inspiration and a new routine. I will post more about that later. 

5 comments:

  1. This was very motivating to read, because I have gotten off track due to my move. I will be sooooo happy when ALL my pots, pans, and juicer arrive this Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get back on track! It takes time....Moving is so tedious and time consuming. When you don't have your essentials it can be dangerous to keeping on track. lol! At least you get your runs in when you can. :)

      Delete
  2. We all "trip", but the fact that we get back up and keep "running" is such a great inspiration. Keep it up, dear! Very, VERY proud of you... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, loving the afro Twitter bird! LOL! ;)

      Delete
    2. Hey boo! Thanks hun, I'm proud of you and look forward to your pageant updates. #teamnatural :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Blessings!
LaChristin

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...